Center of Excellence
Women and Child Center
Rehabilitation and Trauma Center
Internal Medicine Center
General Surgery Center
Pediatric and Neonatology Center
Emergency Care Management Center
Internal Medicine Center
As one of the fundamental departments of Ship International Hospital, Internal medicine focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of non-surgical conditions of adults. The department provides a wide range of high-quality cross-specialty health care services, including physical examinations, preventive screening and immunizations, urgent care for medical conditions, and referrals to surgical specialists when appropriate. The center is supported by the state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities that include Microbiology, Serology, Pathology, Diagnostic and interventional Radiology and Medicine.
Internal Medicine Center Services
1. Internal Medicine
2. Endocrinology (diabetes & metabolism)
3. Infectious Disease
- Hepatitis B, According to current statistics, hepatitis B is the most common infectious disease in the world, affecting some 2 billion people — that’s more than one-quarter of the world’s population.
- Hepatitis C.
- Chronic kidney disease. The most common form of kidney disease is chronic kidney disease
- Kidney stones. Kidney stones are another common kidney problem.
- Polycystic kidney disease.
- Urinary tract infections.
Neurology (Nervous System)
The common Neurology disorders treated are:
- Common Neurological Emergencies
- Head Injury.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Lung Infection
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Evaluation of shortness of breath (dizziness) by cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Pneumoconiosis & occupational lung diseases
- Heavy metal lung disease
- Allergic respiratory disease
- Rheumatology (arthritis)
- Allergic dermatitis
- Skin disorders causing inflammation
- Skin infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, etc.
- Genetic skin diseases, such as vitiligo
- Screening examination programs for all types of skin cancer
- Treatment for hair and scalp conditions, such as hair loss, hair thinning, hair whitening, scalp rashes, and dandruff
- Treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Physiotherapists promote body healing, for example after surgery, through therapies such as exercise and manipulation. This means they assess, treat and advise patients with a wide range of medical conditions.
- They also provide health education to patients and staff on how to do things more easily.
- Their services are provided to patients on the wards, in the physiotherapy department itself and in rehabilitation units. Physiotherapists often work closely with orthopedic teams.
Ship International Hospital plans to be regarded as one of the best heart hospitals in Bangladesh by performing a multitude of treatments and procedures in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery. Our team of cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons are trained at the top institutes in Bangladesh, USA, Korea, France, Singapore and India. Ship International Hospital has a team led by the best Cardiologists in Bangladesh and our state-of-the-art infrastructure supports the complex nature of the cardiac care provided. Ship International Hospital has established third generation Cath Labs, Cardiac Critical Care Units and Intensive Care Units to support our experienced team of cardiologists with aims to be one of the most sought-after Cardiology Hospital in Bangladesh.
Cardiac Center Services
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Scans of the carotid artery in your neck to determine stroke risk.
- 24-hour blood pressure tests.
- Insertion of pacemakers.
- Cardiac catheterization (coronary angiography)
- CT angiogram
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization (coronary angiogram)
- Carotid angiography
- Peripheral angiography
- 24-hour emergency cardiac catheterization
- Echocardiography & exercise echocardiography
- Exercise stress testing
- Treadmill test (TMT/ETT)
- Dobutamine stress echocardiogram (for patients unable to exercise on a treadmill)
- 24-hour Holter (EKG) monitoring including event monitoring
- TEE – Transesophageal echocardiography (multi-plane)
General Surgery Center
The center of Surgery at Ship International Hospital offers a wide range of comprehensive and state-of-the-art surgical procedures. The center is well equipped with the latest technology such as modular OT and facilities, and is manned by experienced surgeons, nurses, technicians. The service of a general surgeon is available round-the-clock, to attend any surgical emergency in the Hospital.
General Surgery Center Services
The general surgery ward covers a wide range of surgery and typically includes the following:
- Day surgery
- Colon surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Breast and Reconstructive Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Hip, knee, foot/ankle, shoulder, elbow and hand chronic conditions-arthroplasty, arthroscopy, fusion, injection etc.
- Specialist treatment of sports injuries (knee, hip and shoulder)
- Management of acute trauma and Orthopedic treatment of acute Emergency Department referrals.
Eye departments provide a range of ophthalmic services for adults and children, including the following:
- General eye clinic appointments
- Optometry (sight testing)
- Orthoptics (non-surgical treatments, eg., for squints)
- Prosthetic eye services
- Ophthalmic imaging (eye scans)
- Adult & Pediatric Hearing Assessments
- Micro suction clinics (clearance of wax from ears)
- Examination of the throat
- Smell Training/Therapy
- Investigations for dizziness & balance disorders
- Epistaxis (nose bleed clinic)
- Minor operations (insertion of grommets & minor ENT procedures)